Friday, September 10, 2010

The TV gods are against me

This morning I woke up to a broken tv. Sometime during the night it got fried and now it won't turn on. Sad day!! So Michael hooked up our old tiny tv and discovered that our satellite was also out. Luckily he managed to fix that, but we're not sure there is hope for the tv. I'm kinda bummed cause I already have a list as long as my arm of stuff I need to get in the city on Sunday (looking at certain websites did not help keep the list short lol). Now we have to add tv to the list?! Those things don't come cheap, and this one we have was a wedding gift so we hadn't even spent money on it before. As much as it's not a necessity, it's something we use every day and would be lost without. I've become quite attached to my HDTV shows :S

So this list I have is almost entirely made up of stuff for baby. I am no longer satisfied by shopping just for myself. Although I would enjoy buying some nice new fall clothes for me, I would be happy enough to just shop for Sofia. Of course after yesterday's post I learn that Old Navy is having a 30% off baby sale!! So yeah, we will be going there on Sunday. She really needs some warm clothes. It was so nice of people to give us so much clothes while we were home visiting last month, but they failed to remember that we live in Saskatchewan, where the temperatures go down to -40 in winter. I need to get a snow suit, socks, tights and long sleeved shirts. I've got drawers full of clothes and somehow I managed to think of more things she needs lol. I just can't help myself.

Also, I am thinking about trying Sofia on formula. Until now she's been exclusively breast fed, and it has been going well. Changing it up is something that I have been struggling with. While I know she is getting all the nutrition she needs, I have been toying with the idea of supplementing for a few reasons. The main one is that I have not been able to pump much. There have been several occasions where it would be nice to be able to give her a bottle, like if I go out with the girls and if Michael offers to feed her at night and let me get some rest. Every time I have gotten stressed out wondering if I pumped enough. So far I have, but as her demands increase, it will get harder and harder. A friend of mine also suggested giving her a bottle of formula before bed to help her sleep through the night (since the rice cereal didn't go over so well). Aanything that could mean a full night's sleep is ok by me! I figure it can't hurt to give her a bottle once a day, and then if she does ok with it, I won't have to worry about pumping if I want to go out for a few hours or something, and when I go back to work in the spring.

Well, I'm going to go watch my tiny tv and wait for baby girl to wake up from her nap. She's having a mega snooze right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment