Thursday, September 2, 2010

A bumpy ride

We did it! We walked to the Co-op and it didn't rain! Yay! Of course I was exhausted from barely getting any sleep last night and turned around and came straight home instead of taking a detour like I was planning to do. And the walk was made just slightly more difficult based on the fact that I just HAD to have a coffee. That meant carrying it in one hand while steering the stroller with the other hand, because when I put the coffee in the stroller's cup holder it spilled every time we hit a bump, and trust me there are a LOT of bumps on the sidewalks in this town. Just one of the new things I've learned to do since becoming a mother!

I don't really want to be one of those moms who complains about how little sleep she got the night before, because I am quite aware that all moms have to deal with that problem, but I just can't help myself. Sofia has only slept through the night like twice, so I shouldn't really be upset that she's been waking up at night. However, she was doing good, only waking up once and sleeping the majority of the night in her crib. Then we came back from vacation and suddenly she only sleeps about four hours in her crib (if we're lucky) and then wakes up every two hours after that. I'm not handling this broken sleep very well. Every night it's hard and harder for me to haul myself out of my comfy bed to go retrieve my daughter and plunk her down beside me. Then once she's done eating I'm way too tired to do it again, especially with the possibility that she may not go back to sleep in her crib.

Anyway, I know there's not much I can do about it. Babies will sleep through the night when they are ready. The main thing is, Sofia is eating and pooping and growing, and that's all that really matters. Now, it's 9 p.m., time for me to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment