Friday, September 24, 2010

Feeling good, pass it on!

I have had several blogs since, um I don't know, whenever blogging became a cool thing to do (I just have to jump on bandwagons that involve writing and taking photos). I never really cared if people read my blog, cause I was mostly doing it for myself and if someone did happen to stumble upon it, well, great! I have definitely never gotten any sort of recognition for blogging ... until now! Even though I have only been blogging about my adventures in new mommyhood for a few weeks, a fellow mommy blogger has presented me with an award! Yay!!






It is no Grammy, but it's still pretty cool! Thanks to Tina F. from Mommy is Teething for giving me this award! And thanks to my fabulous baby girl Sofia for giving me a reason to write again. It had been too long and I'm so happy to be doing it again, even if it is just a little blog.

Now, on with my obligations as a recipient of The Versatile Blogger award...

 The Versatile Blogger Award Rules

  • Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (Done!)
  • Share 7 things about yourself (See below)
    Pass the award on to other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous (See below)
  • Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award (In progress)

7 Things About Jenn:

1. I really, really, really want to be a photographer but I have no idea where to begin, other than to snap pictures of everything and anything (mostly my daughter these days) in the hopes that somehow I'll stumble upon a way to get going. Other than my daughter my other photographic obsession is flowers. I have a photoblog (Jenn's Photo Journal) that I don't update nearly as much as I should.



 2. Before becoming a mom, I worked as the editor of a weekly newspaper. While it was a great job, always interesting and ever-changing, I don't really miss it. I miss writing and taking photos, and I miss the people, but I do NOT miss the deadlines and stress. (P.S. It was the Meadow Lake Progress if you want to check it out).

3. I absolutely hate being alone. I spent too much time alone when I was a teenager that I would much rather be around people these days. I never even lived alone, aside from in a single room in residence in university, before I met my husband. I thought I'd hate being a stay-at-home-mom but luckily my baby girl is awesome company :)

4. I am organized almost to the point of obsessive-compulsive. I hate chaos and I will avoid it at all costs. Having a baby makes it hard for me to keep things in order sometimes, but I do my best. If I start something, I have to finish it. Like this list.

5. I am a proud Newfoundlander turned Saskatchewanian. I miss that island a lot, I miss the ocean and I miss my family, but there is no way I want to live there again. I want my children to have opportunities to travel that I never had because I was surrounded by water. I really believe Saskatchewan is Canada's best kept secret. It's the last place I ever imagined I'd end up, but I love it here.

6. I know you aren't supposed to say this, but when I found out I had a girl I was so happy. Before she was born, I said I'd be happy with either a boy or a girl, and I believe that if I had given birth to a bouncing baby boy, I truly would have been happy. At the same time, I have to admit that I really can't imagine it any other way right now. (And I absolutely love love love dressing her up hehe).

7. I have no idea how to be a good mother. I follow the leads of others around me and I listen to advice from friends and family, but in all reality I have no clue what I'm doing. I take comfort in knowing that everyone was right when they told me that mothering would come naturally to me. When I first saw that tiny little body in my arms, I knew I'd be ok no matter how difficult it was. I am taking it day-by-day and hoping that everything continues to fall in place as it should.


Blogs I Present the Versatile Blogger Award to:

No comments:

Post a Comment