Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day By Day

We had a busy Labor Day weekend. We went for what we call a mini vacation to visit friends at the lake. Sofia was awesome traveling as always. She slept the whole three hour drive there and even slept better while we were there than she does at home (eight whole hours one night!!) She was a great little entertainer too, especially since she learned to squeal this weekend (It's sometimes hard to tell if she's upset or happy lol).

Last night when we got home, I was so tired from the trip and from not sleeping much and I kind of had a little break down. Sofia had been spitting up a LOT yesterday and suddenly I just felt helpless. I want her to sleep through the night but I don't know how to get her to eat more at each feeding, and the spitting up doesn't help. Everyone has advice but how do you know who to trust? How do you know what is right for your baby? I am sure every mom goes through this, but it's still hard.

So. Today we gave Sofia rice cereal for the first time. One of the suggestions I have been getting is to try it to help her sleep through the night. Well, when we gave it to her she made a funny face lol. After a bit, I could tell she didn't hate it, but she sure didn't know what to do with it. I guess she's not ready for solids yet. It is going to be so much fun when she is!


 I feel better tonight and I think Sofia does too. I am taking everything a day at a time, cause that's really all you can do. I'm the kind of person who wants to be able to plan ahead, but I'm quickly learning that it's not possible when you have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment