Thursday, January 6, 2011

New year, new ... everything

It may be a cliche, but when people say their babies grow way too fast, they aren't kidding.

Over the last few weeks, Sofia has grown so much, both physically and developmentally. Between December 23rd and January 1st she started rolling from her back to her belly (finally!), and therefore started rolling around the room, then learned how to push herself backwards on her belly, got her two bottom front teeth, started copying everyone, and started clapping her hands for real. I've been blown away! Where did my little baby go?

Even though I'm sad that she's growing so fast, I am having more and more fun every day. Yes, I am exhausted because she no longer just sits in her rocking chair or lays in her pillow on the floor. And she is hilarious! She fake coughs and blows raspberries and sticks her toes in her mouth.

I have so much to look forward to this year! I am excited about a new mom and baby class we are taking, starting next week, and about her friends' upcoming birthday parties, her own birthday in April which means a visit from my mom. I'm looking forward to this summer, when we will be able to go to the park and for lots of walks again, and swimming and camping. I think 2011 is going to be a great year :)

One thing I am doing is appreciating every day and every special moment. Yes, there are days I am tired and days that are just plain tough, but there are way more days that are just plain awesome. And for that, I am just plain happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment