Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like ...

... Christmas!

Every other year I am very adamant about not putting up the tree and decorations until at least the last weekend in November. This year, however I have given in much earlier. We bought a new tree (pre-lit yay!) and it's been up for almost a week already. The decorations are not on it yet but the box is sitting nearby on the floor and I'm just itching to open it, but I am trying to hold off until the weekend.

 I guess it's pretty obvious that this year is different because we have a baby. Even though she has no idea what is going on, it's just going to be so much more fun. I can't wait to watch her on Christmas morning surrounded by wrapping paper, grabbing at every little thing and examining it (before attempting to put in her mouth).

The other great thing about being more excited about Christmas this year is that I'm way ahead on my shopping and sending out cards. I even took my own holiday photos of Sofia and designed my own cards on Kodak Gallery. They turned out awesome and I'll be sending them early next week. It feels so good to be on the ball!

To add to the holiday mood I downloaded a bunch of new Christmas music and well, it's snowing outside. That pretty much does it. As much as I hate the cold and snow, it does make the season feel just right.

1 comment: