Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bad tummy and boogers

I'm sad today. After the laughter and happiness that came from my daughter yesterday, last night felt like a bad dream. Something was bothering her, either gas or the beginnings of a cold, and poor Sofia was the opposite of her usual sunny self.

She'd begin to drift off to sleep and then whatever was hurting her would kick in and she'd arch her back and just start to cry. And it wasn't the "not really a cry" cry. It was a full out, real tears, red face cry. I hate that cry. It makes my heart hurt.

So Michael and I lay down with her on our bed and cuddled, telling her everything would be ok and mommy and daddy were there, until she finally relaxed and we knew she was in a deep sleep.

She slept fine and woke up for her usual 1 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. feedings and this morning she was smiling up at me when I got up. Lucky she's a happy kid cause she also woke up with a nose full of boogers and every time she sneezed (which, of course, was more than normal) she blew them right out. So now I'm making sure there is a box of kleenex somewhere nearby at all times.

I hope this cold of hers doesn't get any worse because tomorrow we are taking to the highway for our last little vacation of the year to visit family. We have to drive five hours tomorrow and five hours on Monday to reach our final destination, and we've never driven that far with the baby before. So. While she naps I'm going to pack a bag of cold remedies for baby so maybe we'll have a chance of making it in one piece. It should be quite the adventure.

I gotta say, there is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain or discomfort, knowing there's very little you can do other than give her all the love you can. And wipe her nose when the boogers fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment